Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Toronto Off and Running

Cleatus Mayberry - Cobb Times Herald

Carlos Lopez
Toronto
Blue Jays
Age: 18B/T: R/R
Born: Monte Cristi, DO
Position(s): SS
View Hardball Dynasty Profile

Toronto is off and running in the international market already. With a signing bonus of 20.4 mil. they landed a very nice SS. Lopez not only will be a nice offensive shortstop, but a fine defensive one as well. This is one of the fastest signings I have noticed in the early part of the season. When asked about his signing with Toronto.....Lopez said" In my country this is alot of money, it could really help my family live a better life than the one they have now. My mom can come to the U.S. with the rest of my family. Now we can buy a big screen TV and watch Sanford and Son." Lopez will be staying right on the border of Toronto and Buffalo, near Niagara Falls. He wants to be high up, so the reception on his satellite will be better.

No comments: