Monday, March 3, 2008

Sexson Records Near Perfect KILL

Tito McQueen - Cobb Times Herald

Wendell Sexson
Helena
Hellraisers
Age: 30B/T: R/R
Born: Philadelphia, PA
Position(s): P (SP4)
View Hardball Dynasty Profile

Helena Hellraisers pitcher Wendell Sexson came within one walk of tossing a perfect game vs. the Kansas City Kill last evening. Sexson recorded 13 K's, and was truly dominant in dismissing the KILL. "I had my 'A' game tonight," said Sexson, "the way I was pitching I was untouchable. Not even David Rosado could have matched my filthiness tonight." KILL DH Brace Davey drew a walk to lead off the 8th, but that was all the offense K.C. could muster as Sexson continued his amazing pitching performance. "I was lucky to score the walk," said Davey, "I think the ump took pity on me and gave me the free pass, because there was no way I was going to get a hit tonight." The no-hitter has drawn interest from around the league, notably from Fug Nuts owner mrploppie. "He'll be a Fug Nut by next spring training, you just wait," said the cantankerous owner of the Nuts. Helena GM cosmicblob may have something to say about that, but has yet to make a comment on the issue.

No comments: